Woe to them that call good “evil” and evil “good.” Isaiah Isaiah 5:20
By Trevin Wax
Documenting the bizarre beliefs and inconsistencies that surface in contemporary discourse…
1. We worry about the shallowness and superficiality of online relationships, so we go to FaceBook and Twitter to register our concerns.
2. We are so focused on the newest and latest things that we leave behind the oldest and most foundational things.
3. We’ve turned the virtue of prudence into the vice of prudishness and the vice of impropriety into the virtue of authenticity.
4. We ban soda from schools but make condoms widely available… because corn syrup is a more serious matter for youngsters than sex.
5. We decry the exploitation of women, but cry “censorship” when someone wants decency standards against objectifying women on television.
6. We chide a pregnant mother for smoking because of the harm it does to her child, but we applaud her…
View original post 139 more words