Let’s see, the politicians in Washington
- who cannot balance a budget or even pass one for over three years
- who are driving the nation into 20 trillion dollar deficits with no way to pay for it
- who are totally unable to cut spending on anything
- who cannot stop illegal immigration and have given up trying
- who cannot stop the flow of illegal drugs and are losing the war on drugs
- who pass 2000 page bills governing 1/4 of the economy but don’t bother to read the bills
- who cannot keep guns out of the hands of criminals even though it is illegal for convicts to possess firearms
Now want us to trust them to do what is best for us by taking away our firearms which we own in order to protect ourselves from criminals and, if need be, to defend our liberties from attacks by all enemies foreign and domestic (note the Second Amendment had nothing to do with hunting).
And they want us to trust that since they can’t do anything half way intelligent in all the above, they want us to now trust them that they will make us safe and secure and protect us from all evils, crime, and danger, if we will just surrender our firearms to them?
What universe are they living in?
Piers Morgan, point to England as having a much less violent culture than the U.S. since the UK banned all guns in 1997. Here are the first two UK newspaper reports my search produced. Do your own search.
2009: “UK is violent crime capital of Europe”.
“The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has one of the highest rates of violence in the world, worse even than America, according to new research.”
Also 2009: “The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.”
A 2002 stultifying report by Reason magazine in the U.S.:
“Your chances of being mugged in London are now six times greater than in New York.”
The United Kingdom is the violent crime capital of Europe and has one of the highest rates of violence in the world, worse even than America, according to new research.
- 18 Facts Prove Piers Morgan Is Lying About Gun Control (secretsofthefed.com)
- Infringing Gun Rights is Not the Solution (americanthinker.com)
- GOTTLIEB: Hooray for the Second Amendment (washingtontimes.com)
- Wyoming’s Firearms Protection Act: Wyoming Proposes Jail time for Feds who Enforce Gun Laws (offgridsurvival.com)