I’m now on day 5 of my switch to Powermail from Entourage. I did not find my gold mine or oasis yet. Fortunately, I have had Powermail for a LONG time and I had some filters set up, which I had to modify to match the new folders layout. But I have run into a few problems and inconveniences:
- In Entourage, I can send messages to Groups and then Expand the Group and remove people from the outgoing mail individually. I have about 20 people with whom I share jokes, but I don’t send them back to the ones who have already received them or the one who sent it to me. I sent using BCC. But there is no way to edit and outgoing group in PM without editing the group’s members in Address Book.
- Some of my filters are not catching members of groups and I’m not sure why. I sort incoming mail by group membership. Either that, or it is not catching incoming mail by labels.
- If Address Book is used as the default AB in Powermail, you cannot label an address.
- Clicking URL links in emails does not always work. It is a known issue, but when and why it works and why it doesn’t is a mystery.
- You cannot save common search features like saving a display of unread mail. There is a recent mail, but that does not display unread mail.
- You cannot create an HTML email.
- Although I have Powermail set to delete emails from the server that I have deleted from PM, it fails to delete them on next connection.
- Sometimes it retrieves emails and then removes them from the server instead of leaving them on the server as instructed. This is important for me when I travel and need to have copies left on the server to be downloaded when I get home.
I’m still struggling to like this setup, but I’d say so far, it is just an okay solution. I miss some of the functionality of Entourage.